What do we know about the 24h of Le Mans 2020On D-19 days, the excitement is at its peak around the 24 hours of Le Mans… not even. The race will take place behind closed doors, and information is being disseminated in small quantities.
What do we know about this 88th edition:
- 60 competitors: not sure, some drivers are awaiting license validation and a driver is missing on the Porsche N ° 78 and 2 on the N ° 89
- 177 (-3) pilots including 42 newcomers and a young 19 and another 74
- Technical checks on Wednesdays within the circuit
- practice with HyperPole, 4 free practice sessions, one qualifying session of 45 minutes, and one HyperPole session
- tests on Thursday and Friday, night from Friday to Saturday complicate for the mechanics
- courses support?
- departure at 2:30 p.m. given by Carlos Tavares
- Retransmission in front of your TV screens on the France television group, on the net
- For the sound of Bruno Vandestick on the Le Mans Info app reserved for ACO members
To be continued
24h of Le Mans 2020 behind closed doorsACO press release:
"The Automobile Club de l’Ouest and the Sarthe Prefecture regret to announce that the 24 Hours of Le Mans will be raced on 19-20 September 2020 behind closed doors.
Various solutions had been considered to welcome limited numbers of fans to the 88th 24 Hours of Le Mans. However, having referred to the public health and safety authorities and given the uncertainty surrounding the development of the situation, the ACO and the Sarthe Prefecture have unanimously decided that the event will go ahead on 19-20 September 2020 without spectators.
Protecting the health of competitors, partners and spectators has always been of paramount concern to the ACO and the FIA.
Fans will of course be able to follow the race from the safety of their own environment. Thanks to the new digital platform they will gain an exclusive insight of what goes on behind the scenes at the 24 Hours of Le Mans."
List of entrants for the 24h of Le Mans 2020 revisedThe competitors will be only 60 for this particular year, the packages could not be all replaced.
We will find more than 6 LMP1, 24 LMP2, 7 LMGT-Pro and 23 LMGT-Am.